At Chalice you can give in different ways, we bring you our top 7 ways!
1. Automatic Withdrawal (pre-authorized debit)
You can set up an automatic withdrawal from your bank account for your sponsorship donations or other gifts. This is the most economical way to make regular donations. Contact us to get your bank account set up in our system. Once it is, it is easy for you to request any additional gifts you’d like to give – a gift of special money, for example. You can just contact us by phone or email and state:
- Your name and Sponsor ID
- The amount you’d like withdrawn, and,
- Where the donation is to go.
2. Credit Card
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. If this is the method you already use with us, you can make additional gifts with the same three pieces of information as above.
* Bonus for those who pay with these two methods: You can also pre-authorize additional gifts at specific times throughout the year. For example, you could request a gift of special money (eg. $25) to be automatically debited for your child’s birthday and at Christmas every year. This ‘set-and-forget' option is handy for the more --shall we say -- memory-challenged among us!
Please make all cheques payable to Chalice and specify the purpose of the gift in the memo field. Mail your cheques to Chalice Canada,
101-26 Union Street,
Bedford NS, B4A 2B5.
4. Interac© e-Transfer
PLEASE NOTE: To receive a charitable tax receipt, be sure to indicate the following in the message field:
- Your full name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Sponsor ID (if you have one)
- A note indicating what the donation is directed toward. (Funds received without direction will go into our general fund.)
Without this information, or if the information is incomplete, Chalice cannot issue a tax receipt.
Yes, you read that right! Thanks to the CanadaHelps.org giving platform, we can now accept donations in cryptocurrency. Check it out now! Please note, this link will open the CanadaHelps Crypto Giving page in a new window.
6. Publicly Traded Securities and Mutual Funds
If you own stocks or mutual funds that have grown in value, you will face a tax bill when you sell them. By donating them directly to Chalice, you can eliminate your tax bill and make a significant gift at the same time. This giving option is attractive if you have appreciated investments and wish to donate from savings rather than cash flow. Click here for more information about this form of giving.
7. Legacy Giving
Educating a child and uplifting communities is a beautiful legacy to leave behind. There are multiple ways you can leave a gift to Chalice in your estate plans. For more information on all of your options, click here.