Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Reports to: Senior Manager of Invitation and Engagement
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia-based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a dedicated, detail-focused, and service-oriented individual for a full-time position as Donor Relations Specialist within the Invitation and Engagement Department.
Working in a highly computerized and team-oriented environment, the Donor Relations Specialist (DRS) provides exceptional service to Chalice's supporters, and cultivates and maintains donor and supporter relationships through correspondence and other forms of processional contact that adhere to Chalice's standards and mission. The DRS is also responsible for preparing outgoing mail related to Chalice appeals and other programming, and maintaining a current knowledge and clear understanding of Chalice's campaigns and activities. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Chalice supporters, including by email and telephone, servicing inbound calls and communications, documenting incoming donations, and responding to complex inquiries from sponsors
- Make outbound calls as necessary regarding sponsor onboarding, payment information, and other programs as directed
- Maintain a current knowledge and a clear understanding of Chalice's campaigns and activities in order to answer/route supporter questions to appropriate individuals
- Inform supporters when their child will be retiring from the program and help them decide on new opportunities
- Prepare and mail regular correspondence including: welcome packages, delicate letters, child replacement letters and packages, and Christmas cards
- Accurately document donor information in order to enhance and develop Chalice supporter profiles within Chalice's database
- Attend departmental and taem meetings as required, as well as daily prayer meeting.
- Experience and passion for working in customer service
- Effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and committed to deadlines
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Experience working with a customer/client information database
- Computer proficiency in the Office 365 program suite - especially Teams, Outlook, and Excel
- Passionate about the work of Chalice
- Recent work or volunteer experience in a non-profit setting would be considered an asset
- English language proficiency is mandatory
- French language proficiency would be considered an asset
- Knowledge, famililarity, and involvement with the Catholic church and faith would be considered an asset.
- Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, health, vision, and dental insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to HR@chalice.ca, identifying salary expectations and availability, by December 13, 2021. Please include "DRS2021" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.