Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Prayer Team Lead
Reports to: President
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is seeking a permanent, full-time Prayer Team Lead to lead our Prayer Ministry Team. The Prayer Team Lead reports directly to the President of Chalice and is responsible for leading the Prayer Ministry Team in the development, promotion, support, and growth of Chalice's Prayer Ministry with Chalice staff, supporters, and the International Chalice community.
In leading the Prayer Ministry Team, the Team Lead is responsible for assisting in the development of directives for the Prayer Ministry, as well as the oversight, development, and delegation of work for the team. The Prayer Ministry Team Lead works in and contributes to the faith and prayer filled environment at Chalice and holds values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the President in developing and implementing clear directives for the Prayer Ministry Team
- Monitor Prayer Ministry team performance and provide check-ins and performance reviews, as well as identify opportunities for training
- Coach, encourage, and support individual Prayer Ministry team members in their duties and responsibilities, in line with their strengths, deficiencies, and professional goals
- Oversee the development, promotion, and growth of Chalice's Prayer Ministry
- Oversee the development, coordination, and evaluation of Morning Prayer
- Oversee praying for the intentions of the Chalice community, the development and maintenance of prayer processing program, and distribution of prayer cards
- Oversee the development, planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of:
- Additional faith gatherings for Chalice Canada staff and other identified participants, including retreats and other faith celebrations
- Opportunities for supporters and site staff to engage with the spiritual foundation of Chalice's mission; these include special morning prayers, Lenten Mission, and our Chalice Feast Day
- Development of prayer resource materials
- Provide content for Chalice promotional materials (Chalice print and enewsletters, Chalice Champion enewsletter, etc.), as required
- Oversee online Prayer Ministry content on chalice.ca and chalicechapels.ca websites to ensure an interesting and appealing connection to Chalice
- Communicate with a high degree of professionalism across all levels of the Chalice organization
- Lead Prayer Ministry Team meetings and liaise with various departments and committees on behalf of Prayer Ministry Team
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and practices within the Prayer Ministry in conjunction with the President
- Provide reports and statistical information, as required
- Projects and other duties as operationally required and assigned by the President.
The ideal candidate for this position has an ongoing presence and experience in Catholic ministry, a completed Community College and/or University degree, and demonstrated experience in a leadership position and project management. The best candidate is adaptable to change and has excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, experience with Zoom meeting and webinar platform, demonstrated proficiency working with the Microsoft Office Suite and 365 platform, established experience with critical problem solving and decision making.
If this mission-driven leadership opportunity matches your experience and skills, please forward your cover letter and CV by email to HR@chalice.ca. Closing date for applications is August 31, 2021. Please identify your salary expectations and availability. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.