Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada
Job Title: Application Support Specialist
Reports to: Information Systems Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunties for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a highly customer-oriented and solutions-focused individual for the role of Application Support Specialist. This is a one-year, full-time contract position with a possibility of extension depending on success. The successful candidate will be working within the IT team responsible for implementing and supporting the deployment of Microsoft 365 and other new applications across the organization. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with configuration, testing and operations of Microsoft 365
- Support the IT department as we discover organizational needs and how best to support their requirements
- Mentor/coach and work with other SMEs within the company regarding your key knowledge areas (including developing initial projects workplans, define prerequisites and identify critical path activities)
- Develop quality design documents, scope documents and other key deliverables
- Provide reports regarding the status of all assigned projects on a regular basis
- Solve problems effectively and operate in a cross funcational team-oriented IT environment
- Stay on top of the game by performing industry and technical research on innovation emerging from Microsoft and other software
- Being open to other duties and activities as assigned or deemed critical by the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications
- A university degree or college diploma in a related technical discipline with at least two years of application support experience; OR current Microsoft 365 certification (Administrator or Expert Level)
- Experience in, or exposure to:
- Microsoft 365 applications (Office 365, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint, Power Automate, Flow, Planner, etc.)
- Microsoft Administrators (Azure, Exchange, InTune, etc.)
- Power Bl
- Microsoft Stream
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Technical and expert level knowledge of Microsoft 365 Compliance, or Microsoft Advanced Security Stack & Compliance
- A solid understanding of information management best practices, methodologies, and terminology
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 10, Active Directory, Networking and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience in managing and coaching a team
- Experience working as a technical specialist or consultant resource within midmarket and enterprise environments for complex upgrade/migration/deployment projects is an asset
- Experience in the creation and implementing of operational procedures and continuous improvement activities is an asset.
Soft Skills and Competencies (What your day looks like)
- Providing expertise and technical knowledge for a suite of applications while answering queries, resolving issues, and interacting with many different teams will build your daily schedule
- Attention to detail, well-organized, ability to learn quickly and translate technical issues will drive your success
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Innovative and able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Spanish and/or French language skill is a highly desirable asset.
- 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday; with availability to work overtime as necessary
- Must be comfortable working in a Catholic, faith and prayer filled environment
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and faith will be considered an asset.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, as well as health and travel insurances.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Application Support Specialist in the subject line of the email. Please state your salary expectation and availability. We thank all those who apply for their interest in the position; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.