Job Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Senior Manager of Invitation and Engagement
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a creative, dedicated, and technologically-savvy individual with graphic design experience for a full-time position as Digital Marketing Specialist within the Invitation and Engagement team.
The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for utilizing various web technologies to help develop strategies to increase the online presence, brand awareness, and engagement of Chalice in the digital landscape, and will be committed to Chalice's mission "To bring Christ to the poor and the poor to Christ". The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in developing and maintaining digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools (e.g. blogs, email, social media)
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Team to develop campaigns and concepts
- Develop and publish content on various social media platforms
- Conduct research of various platforms, services, and current media strategies to identify opportunities for growth
- Analyze and understand social media metrics and develop solutions and campaigns to increase web traffic and social media engagement, and targets to measure success
- Build strong supporter relationships through social media interaction and engagement
- Suggest new social media campaigns based on supporter preferences, upcoming trends, and organizational direction
- Establish and maintain best practices for social media communications and marketing
- Develop Peer-to-Peer funding opportunities
- SEO/SEM use for social media and website strategy
- Stay up-to-date with developments in digital technologies and emerging trends
- Attend departmental and team meetings as required
- Work and communicate professionally across departments and in team settings as needed
- Attend and participate in daily Chalice prayer meetings
- Ad-hoc project work as assigned by the Senior Manager.
- Completed Community College and/or University degree in Marketing/Public Relations
- Proven work experience in a similar role related to digital marketing and social media management and relations
- Strong, demonstrable Graphic Design skills an asset
- Demonstrable experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Demonstrable knowledge of web analytics and social media metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a calm, professional attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Strong personal integrity.
Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
Benefits: Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, health and travel insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV with cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include "Digital Marketing Specialist 2021" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.