Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Reports to: Senior Manager of Invitation and Engagement
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a qualified, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for a full-time position as Communications Specialist within the Invitation and Engagement team.
The ideal candidate will be committed to Chalice's mission "To bring Christ to the poor and the poor to Christ", and will be primarily responsible for working within our Creative Team to help develop, launch, and implement new communications initiatives, as well as provide copy-editing support for internal and external communication pieces. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in developing and maintaining marketing strategies & campaigns using all necessary channels
- Writing compelling copy targeted for a wide range of audiences to be used in promotional and fundraising materials and reports
- Contributing stories for the Annual Report, Gift Catalogue, and monthly eNewsletter
- Editing the paper newsletter distributed to supporters twice a year
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Team to develop campaign concepts, narratives, and executions
- Assist in writing, editing, and proofreading written material produced by the Invitation and Engagement department, as well as other departments
- Stay up-to-date with evolving standards in communications, emerging PR trends, and develop narratives in keeping with them
- Attend departmental and team meetings as required
- Work and communicate professionally across departments and in team settings as needed
- Ad-hoc project work and other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing/Public Relations
- Previous writing experience (1-5 years)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with content creation and strategy
- Outstanding ability to develop stories
- Polished presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a professional manner in a deadline-driven environment
- A collaborative mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Strong personal integrity.
Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, health and travel insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV with cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include "Communications Specialist 2021" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.