Chalice (Canada) is looking for a mission-driven, personable, adaptable, energetic, articulate, and committed individual for the position of Bilingual Sponsor/Child Representative.
We will be filling one temporary (12-18 months), part-time position (24 hours per week). The Sponsor/Child Representative is responsible for all children in their assigned sponsor sites from the time they are sponsored until they are retired from sponsorship. The Sponsor/Child Representative assures the proper processing of all child-sponsor correspondence within their assigned region, entering all relevant information about the child in to the Chalice database, maintaining and updating the database information relative to the child, and keeping the sponsor informed with relevant information concerning their sponsored child.
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova-Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Job Title: Sponsor/Child Representative
Reports To: Senior International Manager
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supporting the mission of Chalice
- Receiving files and documents from Chalice sponsor sites around the world
- Preparing and sending all files and documentation related to new sponsorships to sponsors
- File maintenance - responsible for multiple filing systems for geographic area of responsibility, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Data entry of all child correspondence, photos, and sponsor site documents
- Preparing and sending correspondence to sponsors
- Teaching and coaching sponsor sites to ensure they follow Chalice requirements
- Matching children to sponsor and facilitating retirements when the child or sponsor exits the program
- Communicating with sponsor sites regularly in order to provide responses to sponsors' questions and concerns
- Facilitating written communication between the sponsors and sponsored children on an ongoing basis
- Working with and overseeing volunteers
- Providing statistical information to Chalice Managers
- Completing file audits
- Completing quarterly sponsor site evaluations and providing support to help them improve when necessary
- Assisting with the collection, collation, and analysis of data and reports within Chalice's Evaluation and Learning Framework.
Required Education and Knowledge:
- Post-secondary education in International Development Studies or related education and/or experience
- Outstanding oral and written English is mandatory
- Proficient oral and written French is required
- A good understanding of and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Extensive training and experience in customer service, including how to effectively speak to sponsors on the phone
- Strong IT skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Knowledge of IMIS an asset.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Quick learner; enjoy working in a service-focused, fast-paced learning organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Have excellent time management, organizational, task planning and prioritization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Cross-cultural understanding and communication skills.
- Able to work out of our office in Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Must be comfortable working in a Catholic, faith and prayer filled environment
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and Faith will be considered an asset.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to Jenna Young via email at email@example.com, identifying your salary expectations and availability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.