We are looking for mission-driven, personable, adaptable, energetic, articulate and committed individuals for the positions of Sponsor/Child Representative. We will be filling two permanent full-time positions. The Sponsor/Child Representative is responsible for all children in their assigned sponsor sites from the time they are sponsored until they are retired from sponsorship. The Sponsor/Child Representative assures the proper processing of all child-sponsor correspondence within their assigned region, entering all relevant information about the child into the CHALICE database, maintaining and updating the database information relative to the child, and keeping the sponsor informed with relevant information concerning their sponsored child.
Job Title: Sponsor/Child Representative
Reports To: Senior International Manager
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support the mission of Chalice
- Receive files and documents from Chalice Sponsor Sites around the world
- Prepare and send all files and documentation related to new sponsorships to sponsors
- File Maintenance - responsible for multiple filing systems for geographic area of responsibility, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Data entry of all child correspondence, photos, and sponsor site documents
- Prepare and send correspondence to sponsors
- Teach and coach sponsor sites to ensure they follow Chalice requirements
- Match children to sponsors and facilitate retirements when the child or sponsor exits the program
- Maintain Prayer Requests and send notes to sponsors who have asked for prayer
- Engage with sponsors to provide clarity and enhance their sponsorship experience
- Communicate with sponsor sites regularly in order to provide responses to sponsors' questions and concerns
- Facilitate written communication between the sponsors and sponsored children on an ongoing basis
- Work with and oversee volunteers
- Provide statistical information to Chalice Managers
- Complete Child Audits
- Complete quarterly Sponsor Site Evaluations and provide support to help them improve when necessary
- Assist with the collection, collation, and analysis of data and reports within Chalice's Evaluation and Learning Framework.
Required Education and Knowledge
- Post-Secondary education in International Development Studies or related education and/or experience
- Outstanding oral and written English is mandatory
- Oral and written Spanish is a highly desirable asset for one of these positions
- A good understanding of and experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Extensive training and experience in Customer Service, including how to effectively speak to sponsors on the phone
- Strong IT skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of IMIS an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Quick learner; enjoy working in a service-focused, fast-paced learning organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Have excellent time management, organizational, task planning and prioritization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Cross-cultural understanding and communication skills.
- Able to work out of our office in Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Must be comfortable working in a Catholic faith-filled environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including health insurance and a retirement savings plan.
Please submit your CV with Cover Letter to Alisha LeBouthillier by email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying your salary expectations and availability. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions is August 8, 2017.